Warranty and Return Policy
Unitech Electronics Inc. places great importance on improving the quality and durability of all our products and services, ensuring long-lasting, reliable parts that operate within the specified warranty coverage.
Unitech Electronics Inc. provides limited warranty coverage for products and services that have been repaired, depending on the specific item. The warranty periods are indicated at the bottom of the invoice provided to the customer.
In the event that the repaired product becomes defective, Unitech Electronics Inc. will, at its discretion, either repair the faulty part or refund the amount paid by the customer.
The warranty coverage applies to the original purchaser and remains valid as long as the person owns the vehicle.
Products sold by Unitech Electronics Inc. outside of Canada and the United States are covered by a Limited Warranty for the duration specified on the invoice. In such cases, the customer is responsible for any brokerage and customs fees that may be charged by the authorities of their country, as well as any shipping expenses.
SUBMITTING A WARRANTY CLAIM
5. To file a warranty claim, please complete our online Warranty Request Form, which can be found on our website. Our technicians will review your case and respond to you within 24 hours. If you are unable to complete the form electronically, please call our technical and warranty department at 1-888-405-7730, and they will assist you in filling out the form over the phone.
Do not send the parts back to us or to any other company without prior authorization.
If a device that we have previously repaired is sent to another company without consulting us, Unitech Electronics will not be responsible for any issues that may arise. In such cases, the repaired item will be excluded from our warranty coverage, and the customer cannot claim any rights related to the previous repair, which Unitech Electronics cannot accept.
Assessments and predictions made by other companies in the same line of work as ours regarding the repairs we have performed on a device or product are strictly not acceptable and cannot be included in our warranty coverage.
The act of opening and inspecting a device that we have previously repaired, for any reason whatsoever, by anyone other than Unitech Electronics completely voids our warranty and is unacceptable to our company.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
7. Unitech Electronics Inc.’s limit of liability under this limited warranty shall be the actual cash value of the product that the purchaser returns for repair. Unitech Electronics Inc. shall not be liable for any other losses such as replacement labor charges, software reloads, diagnostic or towing fees. Furthermore, Unitech Electronics Inc. is not responsible for any incidental, consequential, or punitive damages (Including but not limited to vehicle rentals, downtime, or loss of revenue).
- Unitech Electronics Inc. is not responsible for shipping expenses associated with returning the defective part for repairs.
WARRANTY COVERAGE LIMITS
9. This limited warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
a) Incorrect part installation.
b) Damage caused by other defective components (e.g., overcharging alternator, seized or shorted pump, etc.).
c) Direct evidence that the repaired unit was tampered with (e.g., broken warranty sealant, cut, or tampered with).
d) Vehicle being involved in an accident.
e) Natural disasters: fire, flood, and lightning.
f) Subsequent water damage.
g) Part being installed in another vehicle.
h) Modification of the original factory software.
i) The device being opened and examined by anyone.
j) The device being examined by a competitor company.
k) Claims of a different issue with the previously repaired device.
WARRANTY COVERAGE TERMINATION
10. For pre-programmed control units only, Unitech Electronics reserves the right to terminate this limited warranty if the original device (defective part) is not returned to us within 30 days.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Unitech Electronics Inc. manufactures and repairs highly advanced electronic automotive components, most of which are permanently programmed to a particular vehicle and become unusable and unsalable when returned. New parts can also be damaged by another malfunctioning part.
It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to have the vehicle properly diagnosed prior to purchasing any one of our products or ordering any of our repair services.
Unitech Electronics Inc. strictly adheres to a no-refund policy on all of its products and services